Re: Rebranding

The Good...
  • Private Message system is really awesome! Good work! Preview window now works. Yay!
  • Bullets are finally working
  • The section at the bottom of the board index is now a lot cleaner and easier to read
  • Viewing experience improved on smart phones and tablets :wink:
The Bad... including suggestions
  • For posts the background is close to solid grey, ewww! Transparency is nicer :nod:
  • No generic avatars - I'm just being a picky b#stard :razz:
  • Topics and Posts for each board should be on separate lines as before - easier to read
  • Icons on the board index...
    • have a disturbing rollover effect
    • some use generic icons that don't look great (aesthetics)
    • and I'm more in favor of consistent shaped icons, for example all square or circle with whatever graphic inside - its a bit eclectic at the moment
and the Bugs!
  • Board menu at the top has items that cut off with different screen resolutions or resizing *Was posting in the Rants forum when seeing this
It's good to see it all working as it should now. Nice job! :D

Steady on there, it's just been put up and some things aren't final (like the post background)
But I'm gonna be busy for a while, so many of those changes/fixes will have to wait. Besides we'll see what others have to say first :P
For now it 's functional and not a jumbled mess of code, which was my goal. Aesthetics can come later.

Edit:

I've made it slightly more transparent now. It was close to solid because there is two layers.
As for avatars.. I will change it soon from the text version, but we don't use Gravatars.
And I'll probably change the rollover effect on the Icons, but the icons themselves are just temporary until we can make/find better ones.
The Expanse. Watch it!

For posts all information under the avatar and username is gone, no descriptions or post counts, was that intentional? Can the light grey horizontal lines that separate the boards on the board index page be somewhat darker or maybe revert the look to how it was before.