Hello all and a little help please

Hey all, just joined the forum tonight. I haven't played FS2 in quite a while but I downloaded a paid version from good old games and have been getting back into it.

I am trying to install some new campaigns, but I am having a really hard time. I can get the campaigns to show up in the game and I can select them. However, when I try to go to the ready room, the doors just open and nothing happens when I click on it. The main campaign works, but nothing else I downloaded will allow me to play it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Lou

Re: Hello all and a little help please

Are you using FreespaceOpen, or the standard FS2 that came with your GoG DL? Most campaigns will require FSO, and you'd get strange behaviour if you tried using them without FSO. Here are some links that should help:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.ph ... ace_2_Open
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.ph ... Space_Open
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Greetings my fellow FS enthusiasts. I love this game and despite its age it still stands the test of time. I am writing for much appreciated help regarding locating or any information regarding the whereabouts of an original series FS2 mod that I originally downloaded years ago and enjoyed the nostalgic thrill of strapping into the cockpit of a Colonial Viper MK I from the 78 series and blasting cylons. The creator I am unable to remember but I'm frankly surprised as to why after several investigative hours checking searches link after link and ending up empty handed. I lost the files due to a system crash and smartly as any good computer user is does backups and I definitely did this for this mod underdeveloped but I was impressed with the cues of sound taken from the original in all the aspects, laser torpedo sounds of the vipers, the droning hum of the original series cylon raiders and their characteristic laser blasts just like the original series. Although this mod had only one mission. Plans were underway to add to this mod. I was in the process of doing a campaign for the OS, using what was available but after planning an elaborate storyboard and trying to reinstall the mod. Unfortunately my backup copy on CD somehow was damaged or became unreadable. If anyone has a copy of this amazing mod I would appreciate the means to contact and acquire it once again. I don't mind the one based on the new series but I find the new series lacks the esthetic value of an original idea. Please don't misinterpret the BTRL mod is amazing and I enjoy playing it but growing up with the old series I would like to return to the past to appreciate the future.
jimmy

Greetings my fellow FS enthusiasts. I love this game and despite its age it still stands the test of time. I am writing for much appreciated help regarding locating or any information regarding the whereabouts of an original series FS2 mod that I originally downloaded years ago and enjoyed the nostalgic thrill of strapping into the cockpit of a Colonial Viper MK I from the 78 series and blasting cylons. The creator I am unable to remember but I'm frankly surprised as to why after several investigative hours checking searches link after link and ending up empty handed. I lost the files due to a system crash and smartly as any good computer user is does backups and I definitely did this for this mod underdeveloped but I was impressed with the cues of sound taken from the original in all the aspects, laser torpedo sounds of the vipers, the droning hum of the original series cylon raiders and their characteristic laser blasts just like the original series. Although this mod had only one mission. Plans were underway to add to this mod. I was in the process of doing a campaign for the OS, using what was available but after planning an elaborate storyboard and trying to reinstall the mod. Unfortunately my backup copy on CD somehow was damaged or became unreadable. If anyone has a copy of this amazing mod I would appreciate the means to contact and acquire it once again. I don't mind the one based on the new series but I find the new series lacks the esthetic value of an original idea. Please don't misinterpret the BTRL mod is amazing and I enjoy playing it but growing up with the old series I would like to return to the past to appreciate the future.
Not sure where it might be found, but it sounds like you're talking about IPAndrews original BSG mod.

NB: it only works with the original FS2; the number of textures on the Galactica breaks SCP-ed FS2, IIRC.

There was an attempt to update it at one point.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index. ... ic=51708.0

Unfortunately those links don't seem to work any more (hardly surprising) but they're a good start if you want to look for the mod. I'm pretty sure I'll have downloaded it at some point but it would be on my old PC which is several thousand miles away at this point.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]